Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Best Picture Oscar to Crash???!!!

Crash was the one film this year that I absolutely despised.

I saw it a few months ago, it had been highly recommended, and I found it so profoundly and obnoxiously PC - a self-flagellation about supposedly rampant, unconscionable L.A. racism - and so totally annoying in its contrived plot turns and its happy ending setup, that I thought everyone else who saw it would feel the same. But I guess that's art. Most people I've talked with loved it. They told me I should think of it as a fable...

Still, I was stunned when it was nominated for the Oscars - and of course
even more blown away that it won. What can I say?...

BTW, how come Kiss Kiss Bang Bang didn't get any nominations? Very strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home