Monday, February 19, 2007

In Favor of Organic, Free Range Brown Eggs

I've been surprised to find, while making chocolate mousse, that organic, free range brown eggs whip much faster, and maintain their froth much better than normal eggs. There's a difference of at least a factor of two in the speed in which they achieve full white peaks, and they have dramatically better holding power.

I saw this for the first time a couple of months ago, and chalked it up to chance, but this second time around I could no longer ignore the evidence.

The only thing I don't know is whether this superior performance is due to the eggs being organic, free range, brown, or all of the above. But stay tuned, I may try to test for each variable independently (although not double blindly...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home