Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mango Shortage Alert!

Last Friday, during my weekly Trader Joe's shopping run, I discovered they were out of frozen mango. My weekly household consumption, devoted entirely to mango smoothies,, is about four 24 oz bags, so I was mildly concerned. Fortunately, though, I had reserves in my freezer to tide me over the shortage. However, when this week's TJ run found no change in the mango situation, I realized that more extreme measures were needed.

After today's yoga class I walked across the street to the local Whole Foods. They had every conceivable type of frozen fruit, except for one empty compartment - the one labeled Mango. Apparently the TJ shortage had caused a run on Whole Foods' supply (or vice versa).

I had no choice but to stoop really low and go to Vons. They had four packs of frozen mango left (16 oz each). Now they have none.

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother is the smoothie queen and she has been complaining of the TJ frozen mango shortage. Our smoothies have a differnt taste for now. KMRN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home