Sunday, September 17, 2006

Uniformed at the W

A friend invited me to the W - a fancy hotel in Westwood - for drinks a few days ago. The look of the waitresses is still going through my mind. All of them model-skinny, with fake boobs, dressed in black lycra mini skirts with slits down the sides and in short tank tops that held their breasts in an anatomically implausible position. They had at least six inches of exposed midriff, and the whole outfit was topped off with black leather boots.

So what am I supposed to make of an upscale and expensive hotel that dresses their waitresses like lap dancers or call girls? Wouldn't this be somewhat offensive to their female clientelle? I'm not such a prude (I don't think) but I felt kinda embarrassed. It wouldn't work for a business meeting if I were a woman among a group of men, and it doesn't work for a date...

I swear I'm not the type, but I had vague thoughts that we should picket the W.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like an over the hill IDIOT. Picket the "W"? For what, you don't like the uniforms. No one is forcing the women to dress that way.

It's simple, if you are offended DON''T GO BACK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home