Thursday, August 31, 2006

Wow - Should I Sue Apple?

Today I got an e-mail from Apple informing me that the battery on my PowerBook is a fire hazard, there have been nine cases of fires associated with these models, and therefore they are issuing a recall. I should please first of all plug in my power cord, and remove my battery from my computer. I should then go online, fill in the information, and Apple will send me a replacement battery. When I get the replacement battery, I am to ship back the original one.

Ok, all well and good. I went online, signed up, and immediately received a confirmation e-mail from Apple.

I can expect, so it says, to get the replacement battery within 4-6 weeks(!!!!).

So, until then, I can either use my laptop as a desktop computer - always connected to the wall, no travel possible - or risk a fire. Methinks something is wrong here.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The computer gets hot before it explodes. I had one of those computers (which died for other reasons), and I just turned it off when it got hotter than the point I felt safe using it.

The same phenomenon has been reported with the computers that caught fire. You can use it, just turn it off if it gets hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home