Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Secret to Writing is?

I just saw a t-shirt with the tagline - "The Secret to Writing is Writing". Of course it's tempting to immediately agree with such a tagline, but contemplating on how little I've been blogging lately, I thought a modification was in order. So here's my version: "The Secret to Writing is Having (or at least thinking that you have) an Audience.

I think the real dip in my blogging activities happened when my dear but elusive blogger friend, Luke Ford, decided he was no longer putting "Favorite Blog" links on his web site. For my anonymous blog, his endorsement was (or at least I thought it was) my main source of traffic, and the main incentive to try and write at least one entry per day. When that disappeared, I suddenly felt as thought I was writing to myself, and I'm not a Dear Journal type of person.

So what I'm trying to do right now is to visualize you, my dear reader, and make myself believe that you're reading this post.

If I can do this every day for the next month or so, then I may just send out a mass e-mail to all my friends and acquaintances saying something like - Hey - check this out, I've actually been blogging, please read and comment.

We shall now see if I can stick to that illusion of readership for the coming month. Or 30 days to be more preceise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home