Friday, July 25, 2008

Facebook

Ok, so here's the deal. I went on a camping trip this weekend, and as a result, received a slew of Facebook friend requests. Which got me to comparison Facebooking. i.e., how many friends do I have, versus how many friends to they have. And guess what - the grass is greener. They have more friends. Or at least more Facebook friends. So I decide I have to up my Facebook quotient. I poke around for friends. "Search" to be more specific. Not terribly productive. I maybe added five people. But here's the deal: Is it that I don't have that many friends, or that my friends are not on Facebook? And for that matter, why would I, an adult, want to be on Facebook in the first place? Well, I can tell you what initiated it. My Israeli journalist cousin told me (around January of this year) that whenever he needs someone's contact info, he looks the person up on Facebook. If you're not on Facebook, so he claims, you do not exist. But guess what. I know a lot of people that don't exist according to that definition. The question is just why so many people know other people who do exist per that definition, and I don't... (do you follow my thread???).

Not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home